Monday, August 3, 2015

Just Like Your Mother!

 I have a pretty good relationship with all of my girls but No daughter really wants to hear that she is just like her mother, especially as a teenager!  I cannot remember the topic or I would preface this story with the ever so important way I Was Right! But alas, that's rarely ever the point is it?!

The family was at the table - where most of our wonderful events occur. My daughter was proclaiming something. I proved her wrong ... Everyone was giggling and she smiled & made a lessor proclamation about the same event.  More laughter and again I shot that down. 
"Mama stop!" She said with a wry grin and sarcastic laughter "I just can't be 100% wrong on this!!"  
Instantly my spirit went BOOM does this sound familiar? On a surface level because I'm totally like that ... Hence the proving her wrong the second time...  But on a deeper level I'm that way with God. 

OK God you're right but just don't leave it where I'm 100% wrong okay?!? 

If that's where I live doesn't that mean I say to God "just don't be 100% right God!"  

I'll answer that for you - yes it does 

And without skipping a beat, my beloved husband laughs and says "Boy are YOU your Mother's daughter!" 

BOOM second earthquake in my spirit! I mean geez what was I passing on to my kids here? My heartbeat? My legacy?!   Some call it a generational sin - others call it a genetic curse and others .... You're Just like your Mother! 

Pick your poison - call it what you want it's bad! To my future son-in-law I'm sorry! LOL but also to my daughter - "Stop!! The Bridge is out!! Go the other way!" 

Stop now in your teens! Fall to your knees and acknowledge God is 100% right and you CAN be 100% Wrong! God forgive me! 

Lastly - to follow up- ... At the risk of creating Team Corey for having to be married to a wretch like me.  Corey Came along JUST like the enemy does. With probably the Last thing a person wants to hear- tempting you to focus on him and being mad at him for saying such a thing instead of feeling the earthquake in your spirit and finding the Truth! It would have been so easy not to ponder on that for 2 days and digging out truths. To just growl under my breath "what's wrong with him? Doesn't he know girls don't want to hear that? Oh and I suppose he's implying I'm just like MY mother! Because I'm not you know! " 

Yes I am - I'm just like every woman in my ancestery. Human and flawed and selfish trying to do better than the last generation.   In desperate need of God to right this ship! 

Blessings for today
Heather 

2 comments:

Tiffany McMillian said...

I love this!!!! I'm so glad you finally decided to start a blog!!! I can't wait to read more!!

Sslavin80 said...

Love it! You're off to a great start!

Featured Post

Women's Lib Pshhhhh

P.S. A woman's place is wherever she can be a Woman in every sense - including being polite.  Ladies - Ladies For decades women ...