Monday, August 3, 2015

Introduction

Honestly I'm starting out like all other bloggers.  I don't know anything about this.  I am unsatisfied with Social Media as a whole but I do find writing my thoughts and yes my opinions down therapeutic!  You may wonder if I've lost my mind at times - others you may find me genius!
I currently work at Shepherd's Fold Ranch and at times I feel very useful and other times I feel I don't know what I'm doing at all.  I suspect we all have this relationship with our jobs.

The reason I have a "job" and not a career is because I have been given the charge of stewarding 5 little souls who were always more important than a career for me.  I admire the others who feel called to be both a career woman as well as a Mom, but for me it was never to be.  I think God does this on purpose for some as well as other issues like -- to breast feed or not -- to let your kids go on sleep-overs or not and other universe altering important factors of mothering.  There may be times where I would say something out of ignorance of the life required to accomplish things different than the life God set me up on but it will not be to insult you or to put you down.  If I disagree with something you will almost always find me to say "I disagree" or some other intolerant form of establishing the "so you have no question where I stand" atmosphere.

I have been married for 26 years, soon-to-be 27 this September. It hasn't all been good but would I call this man the love of my life? Yes! This man who can frustrate me to no end, and make me feel like I am constantly trying to nail Jello to a tree is also the one I cannot give up on.  To this date no matter what the challenge and road block - even when I wanted to - even when I sat down to mentally separate us, there was no way. I honestly think it would be easier to remove the Westover from some of our girls - or the Nuttall from some of the others than it would be to remove Corey and I from each other.

We have given birth to 5 daughters.  This month 2 of the first 4 will be leaving home.  One to 'become an adult' in the Nashville, TN area and the other to play college softball at Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia, AR. Go Muleriders! (LOL More on this great mascot later)  Our first child is in school becoming an RN and maybe further after that.  Our second is a dog groomer in a local community with a fantastic clientele that appreciate her as much as she loves their pets. She has given us the first of what I assume will be more than a dozen grandchildren over the course of our lifetime and we are wild about them.

Left at home - twisting us around her little finger will be the daughter of our "old age".  Being pregnant at 37 was NOTHING like being pregnant in my 20's.  Neither was the recovery.  But neither is the parenting. Things are sweeter, more precious, and more fun, because this time I know how fast it goes. This time I know how sour it can turn for seasons.  And while that is normal to a degree for all Mother/Daughter relationships, it still hurts. That makes these days so much more precious - I guard them more - and take it in more because This time I know they grow up. She is 7 - soon to be 8 and all of her sisters rolled into one God-Bless-Her.

You may not identify with me - you may have all boys.  You may have one child. You may have a career AND a family. Or you may just have a career.  Hopefully we can be of encouragement to each other, enlighten each other, and get through this thing together.

Blessings for today,
Heather

No comments:

Featured Post

Women's Lib Pshhhhh

P.S. A woman's place is wherever she can be a Woman in every sense - including being polite.  Ladies - Ladies For decades women ...