Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Miss You Dad




I miss you Dad 
But I go on because you taught me to be strong. 
I miss you, but I keep serving the Lord because I saw Him change your life. 
I miss your humor, but am passing it on to your grandkids. 
I miss the things you were interested in - they showed how deep you were. 
I miss how you held your convictions with firmness and love - I'm still trying to get this right - I don't think I make the impact you did. 
I miss how road trips got longer because you had to stop at every roadside stand. 
I miss how you owned  one of every animal you felt like - just because you could. 
I miss the way newborn babies responded to you. 
I miss our private discussions, we almost solved the world's problems - but today's problems are so much more overwhelming - I wish we could discuss them. 
I miss watching you appreciate Mom's hospitality and talent in the kitchen. 
I miss watermelon cut with your pocket knife in the field. 
I miss driving around with the window down looking at crops with you. 
I miss harvest time with you. 
I miss country music with you - you would hate today's country. 
I miss hearing you sing in church - LOL you were awful - so you sang loud! 
I miss the freckles on your arms and your crooked little finger. 
I miss your hugs.
I miss the smell of dirt and oil when you came in from outside or gave me a hug. 
I miss how you could motivate me by teasing me - made me so mad I finished the job ahead of schedule every time. 
I miss watching You watch Mohammed Ali. 
I miss watching you play dominoes with your brothers.  
I miss having a Granddad for my kids - but Nick and Porter have been good to them and they know a taste of Nuttall because of them. 
I miss watching you enjoy a few bites of everything at every meal. - Oh and sweet tea doesn't taste good anymore without you either. 
I miss realizing that you had turned off the tv/radio and the house was quiet while you listened to me sing and play piano.  You didn't gush about it - you never made me cocky but I knew you loved it. 
I miss your discipline - I so respected that I couldn't walk all over you. 
I miss your unconditional love - I'm sorry for when I disappointed you. 
I just miss you. 
Happy Father's Day without you here. 

No comments:

Featured Post

Women's Lib Pshhhhh

P.S. A woman's place is wherever she can be a Woman in every sense - including being polite.  Ladies - Ladies For decades women ...